Sunday, July 31, 2011

Tsui Wah - My fave cha chan teng

Tsui Wah is a popular cha chan teng chain in Hong Kong, and also one of my all-time favourites. The best thing about it is that several branches are open 24 hours, so you never have to worry about going hungry.

If you get lost in the rather extensive menu, find your bearings from their Top 10 Recommendations list and you should be quite safe. Here are some dishes I've tried:

Hainanese chicken rice. Very fragrant rice but the chicken meat tends to be a bit tough. The soup is always yummy though!


Fish balls and sliced fish cakes with rice noodle in fish soup, otherwise known as 鱼蛋粉. One of their most popular dishes.


Pork cartilage with instant noodles.


My favourite - 奶油猪! This crispy bun with sweet condensed milk is absolutely divine.


Malaysian beef stew curry with rice. Thick and delicious.


I don't usually like mutton or lamb because of the 骚味, but Tsui Wah's lamb curry is one of the rare lamb dishes I actually enjoy.
 
 
I love Tsui Wah, I really do! :)


* * * * * * * * * *

Check Tsui Wah's website (http://www.tsuiwahrestaurant.com/) for the complete listing of branches. Below are four locations I usually go to. All are 24 hours except The Peak branch.

Tsui Wah Restaurant (翠華餐廳)
Add: G/F, 204-244 Portland Street, Mong Kok
         旺角砵蘭街240-244號旺角文華地下
Tel: 2392 3889 / 2392 2263

Add:  G/F, 77-81 Parkes Street, Jordan
          佐敦白加士街77-81號
Tel:  2384 8388

Add: G-2/F, 15-19 Wellington Street, Lan Kwai Fong, Central
         中環蘭桂坊威靈頓街15-19 號地下至二樓
Tel:  2525 6338

Add: Shop No. 1A, G/F, The Peak Galleria, 118 Peak Road
         山頂山頂道118號山頂广场A铺
Tel: 2849 2345

No comments: