Saturday, August 25, 2012

Claypot rice - A surprise find

Whenever I used to stay in Stanford Hotel in Mong Kok, one little eatery along Soy Street would catch my attention. Every night, the shop would be packed with tables and tables of people eating claypot rice. The tables would even spill onto the road just outside the shop.


What was drawing the crowds? I finally tried it for myself - the popular claypot rice.

 
While I wouldn't describe it as life-changing, it was fragrant and definitely met my expectations. Best of all, the other zhi char (煮炒) dishes we randomly ordered turned out surprisingly delicious, especially the fried bee hor fun.


This eatery is not one of those famous places recommended in every other blog online, but it's precisely why I count it as one of my surprise finds.

* * * * * * * * * *

新濤園茶餐廳
http://www.openrice.com/english/restaurant/sr2.htm?shopid=19364
Add: G/F, 108 Soy Street, Mong Kok
          旺角豉油街108號地下
Tel: 2782 6026

No comments: